I'll Find My Way Home.

                                                  
  
You ask me where to begin
Am I so lost in my sin
You ask me where did I fall
I'll say I can't tell you when
But if my spirit is lost
How will I find what is near
Don't question I'm not alone
Somehow I'll find my way home

With this blog update, this one is not for me, this one is for you !
I want YOU to plug in (with your headset if you can) and take 5 minutes (exactly 5 mins)  of your time and listen/view the piece. As you can see, I opened the blog with the opening lines of the track. You probably haven't heard this particular version of this track before as it does not appear to be common, but I think you will like it. 
 
Click this URL to launchhttps://youtu.be/bNgU3ojwlCM
A lot of the lyrics in this posted piece happen to resonate quite strongly with me. That coupled with a whole different view on the vocals. If I were asked to choose a 'blog soundtrack', this exact track and version would be it, without question. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I came across (this version I want you to play) a few years ago during a Hot Air Balloon Night Glow in The Netherlands. During this track, one of the 'tethered' Hot Air Balloons rose above the rest, it's 3 point tether purposely released. The balloon rose graciously into the still night sky, it was now in free flight. 
What this, in essence meant, was the balloon pilot, Peter van Harten while performing a rare night launch, was also by default, committing himself with his co-pilot of flying all night in an open wicker basket. They would need daylight to land the balloon. And so onwards the balloon flew, as we were all tucked up in our warm surroundings. 
It's this magical imagery of the balloon lifting off into the darkness that I can instantly and indeed mentally recall when I hear this track. The balloon effectively flew from darkness into light. During it's launch, it was cheered on by thousands. It then proceeded to fly safely in good hands and then, once dawn broke, it executed a perfect landing. 
All of this falls into my plan. My take on how I'm dealing with this journey I'm on. The pre flight planning, the night launch, the overnight flight in complete darknees, seamlessly mixing in with my understanding and personal meaning of the lyrics of the track. Then, light breaks through, the balloon lands, surrounded by the committed and team hungry groundcrew who chased it through the night. All is safe and all is well. 

I'll Find My Way Home
 
Thanks for reading this folks. 
(I  hope you got to listen to the track too). 


   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake, Rattle and Roll

A good mannered daughter, holding the hammer and a limerick pops up.

The magic of Mondovi with the Spirit of Saint Pio.